Using Positive Affirmations for Work
Positive affirmations are helpful in many areas of life. Since we spend a majority of the time during the week doing our jobs, it’s beneficial to learn how to incorporate them into our mindset at work.
Positive affirmations offer benefits to all aspects of work, including:
- Job hunting. Searching for a job takes a lot of time and energy, and sometimes the effort doesn’t yield immediate results. Positive affirmations can keep you motivated to continue looking and remind you of your self-worth.
- Changing career paths. If you find yourself heading in a new direction, positive affirmations can help remind you of your strengths and abilities to guide you toward the best jobs for you. They can also instill confidence to try something new.
- Job interviews. Preparing for job interviews and going through them can be nerve-racking. Luckily, positive affirmations have a calming and confidence-boosting effect.
- Overcoming negative thoughts. Perhaps you start doubting yourself after receiving negative feedback or making a mistake. It’s important in such circumstances to combat negativity by affirming yourself and reminding yourself of your abilities.
- Fear of public speaking. Many people get anxious about speaking in front of others, but talking yourself through it can help you overcome your fears.
- Motivation to improve productivity. From a new intern up to the CEO, all employees face challenges at some point. A little morale boost can go a long way to staying focused on achieving objectives.
- Conquering bad habits. If you’ve developed a bad habit that negatively affects your performance, such as tardiness or procrastination, practicing positive affirmations can help you overcome them.
- Fostering relationships with coworkers. Your attitude is more likely to influence others if you work on a team, or even more so if you are in a leadership role. If you practice positive affirmations for yourself, you may be more prone to recognize and praise others, which in turn will cultivate a positive culture at your workplace.
How to use them
Start your day off right. You can use positive affirmations anytime, anywhere, but you may find it helpful to start the day off with them. Incorporating them into your morning routine, before you go to work, will get you in a positive mindset that will carry you throughout the day. You can pick one or a few affirmations per day, and repeat them to yourself internally or out loud.
You can also use them along with other techniques such as mediation, visualization, or journaling. If possible, take breaks throughout the workday to pause and meditate. It’s not always necessary or practical to step outside of an office. It can be as simple as closing your eyes for a few moments, taking some deep breaths, and repeating your affirmations in your mind.
A creative way to remind yourself to practice affirmations is to make statements constantly visible. Stick a note to your computer, create a sign with a positive phrase, or set your phone to have affirmations pop up at particular times of the day. Without being too disruptive, find ways to remind yourself of your affirmations.
There are many resources available to find great positive affirmations for the workplace. You can search for some online or come up with your own. Find some that resonate with you. One way to create your own phrases is to think of your strengths, and then build statements around those traits. Here are some examples of workplace affirmations to help get you started.
At notes to self®, we strive to help you remind yourself of your value with positive affirmations on your socks. Before you go to work, you can start your day off on the right foot - with a motivating message on it! And then when you come home and kick off your shoes, ready to relax, you can be reminded again of that same positive message.
If you want a unique way to add a dose of positivity to your day, shop notes to self® socks, where you can find affirmations right on your toes!
leave a comment